BI's sustainability strategy
BI’s strategy towards 2025 determines that we shall prepare people and businesses towards an international, digital and sustainable future. This side shows how we, as organization, use UN’s sustainability targets within our tutoring, research and within our own house.
Both in our capacity as main supplier of economic and administrative education in Norway and as one of Europe’s next largest higher business schools, BI Norwegian Business School is shaping the labour market of the future through our teaching. BI has a substantial high level of international staffing and intake of students.
Our research shall bring both the private and the public sectors forward. This, our commitment, offers opportunities and challenges.
When facing our present times biggest challenge BI Norwegian Business School must, as an institution, continue being a role model and a part of the solution.
"At BI we aim to educate responsible managers and develop knowledge for a sustainable society. Combined with our own contribution to reducing CO2 footprints, we aim to be part of the solution instead of the problem."
President at BI Norwegian Business School
Some of our target areas towards 2025 are:
- Integrate sustainability in all our courses
- Offer specialized lectures, courses and study programs within sustainability
- Continue with research that will promote our common grasp of the role of corporations, business dynamics and our fellow understanding of sustainable economics and values
- BI shall toil to create better arenas for the interaction between faculties that have a professional interest for Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and business ethics
In our own house
- Remove all unnecessary plastics and use-and-throw wrapping by 2022
- Target at obtaining a material re-cycling degree of 65% by 2022
- Have environmentally friendly and sustainable campuses
- By the end of 2019 all conferences and events at BI shall be organized in accordance with the requirements set by the Norwegian Environmental Agency Miljøfyrtårn (Environmental Green Beacon) for green conferences
- Contribute to the biological diversity at large by having beehives on our roofs
- Promote academic freedom and defend teachers’ and professors’ human rights throughout the world through our membership in the «Scholars at Risk (SAR)» network
BI Eliminates Use of All Disposable Plastic
BI Norwegian Business School has decided to remove all disposable plastic/plastic packaging by 2022.
How to get more women into leadership positions
BI students have worked out ideas for how to get more women into top-level management positions in business.