Centre for Asset Pricing Research (CAPR)
The Centre for Asset Pricing Research (CAPR) serves as a bridge between academia and the financial industry.
INDUSTRY SEMINARS - WORKSHOPS - CONFERENCES
Mark your calendars for seminars, workshops and conferences arranged by CAPR. An overview of all events can be found on this page.
UPCOMING BI-SHOF CONFERENCES
Previous BI-SHoF Conferences
Previous industry seminars
- 30 April: Industry seminar on «New rules for an old game: Banks in the changing world of financial intermediation” with Paul Jenkins (Senior Partner in McKinsey’s Oslo office).
5 November: Industry seminar on «The Case for Global Bonds” with Arvind Rajan (Managing Director and Head of Global and Macro at PGIM Fixed Income).
12 June: Industry seminar on “What do we know about factor investing?” with Marie Brière (Head of the Investor Research Center at Amundi, an affiliate professor at Paris Dauphine University and an associate researcher with the Centre Emile Bernheim, Solvay Business School, Université Libre de Bruxelles). Please see her presentation here
29 May: Industry seminar on “Collateral Frameworks: The Open Secret of Central Banks” with Kjell G. Nyborg (Chaired Professor of Finance at the University of Zurich, Senior Chair of the Swiss Finance Institute, Research Fellow of the Centre for Economic Policy Research, Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts, and Adjunct Professor at BI).
- 24 October: Industry seminar on «Factor Investing in Equities – Avoiding Pitfalls” with Laurens Swinkels (Senior Quantitative Researcher for Robeco).
- 2 May: Industry seminar on “Access to capital for smaller companies in the U.S. & Europe” with Frank Hatheway (Chief Economist for Nasdaq).
- 8 November: Industry seminar with Jørgen Stenshagen and Ole Petter Kjerkreit of Stenshagen Invest.
- 19 October: Industry seminar with Knut Anton Mork on the report of the committee to assess the equity allocation of the GPFG (“the Oil Fund”). Joint with the Centre for Applied Macro-and Petroleum economics (CAMP) and the Centre for Monetary Economics (CME).
- 11 October: Industry seminar on "The revenge of the nerds: dynamic factor investing" with Bernt Christian Brun of Fronteer Solutions.
- 3 May: Industry seminar on "Property bubbles" with Arnold Kling (PhD). See slides from the seminar here.
- 3 November: Industry seminar on "Corporate risk management and firm value" with Halvor Hoddevik (Executive Chairman of Rann Rådgivning AS).
- 13 October: Industry seminar on "Insights into operatonal and financial restructuring" with Leif Christian Salomonsen (Founding Partner of Recore).
1 September: Industry seminar on “Real effects of exchange rate fluctuations” with Magne Østnor (FX Strategist at DNB Markets), Marcel Fratzscher (President of DIW Berlin) and Dagfinn Rime (PhD BI professor).
Please see their presentations below:
Liquidity illusions; FX no exception (Magne Østnor)
Oil prices, exchange rate and asset prices (Marcel Fratzscher)
Safe and not-so-safe currencies (Dagfinn Rime)
- 24 February: Industry seminar on "Fat-tails and high peak in finance and other places" with Espen Haug (Norwegian University of Life Sciences).
- 18 September: The Centre for Asset Pricing Research is organizing its first industry seminar on Intentional and unintentional policy errors and bond market plumbing" with Andreas Koutras (ITC markets).