Leadership and Organisational Psychology
The Master’s degree programme in Leadership and Organisational Psychology is the choice for students aiming for a career in strategic human resource management, consulting or individual and organisational development.
Why study Leadership and Organisational Psychology?
Businesses today must recruit, retain, develop, and reward employees and provide an environment in which they will perform their best. Strategic workforce planning improves business value, and makes it possible for companies and organisations to reach their goals. The Master of Science programme in Leadership and Organisational Psychology will provide you with the required education to implement and lead such processes in organisations, thereby contributing to organisational effectiveness.
What will you learn?
The purpose of the programme is to provide the best possible education and environment for the development of knowledgeable and socially responsible HR-professionals for a variety of companies. You will gain a thorough understanding of theory and research in the area of leadership and organisational behaviour. You will develop skills in applying this knowledge to real-life organisational challenges, and identify necessary changes for meeting organisational goals and ambitions.
Among the most popular topics you will find:
- Groups and Teams: How can you create winning teams? Learn how psychological processes can affect group performance
- Strategic Management: Examine the frameworks and concepts employed by managers when they make decisions which govern the scope, direction, and competitive positioning of organisations
- Persuasion and Power in Organisations: Why do some attempts to influence succeed while other attempts fail?
- 60 credits (ECTS)
- 60 credits (ECTS)
New course in Statistics for MSc in Leadership and Organisational Psychology
Customise your degree
Gain an advantage in the job market by tailoring your degree. As a Master of Science in Leadership and Organisational Psychology student, you can choose either an internship to obtain relevant work experience, or add an international dimension to your degree by going on exchange.
Gain practical work experience with a leading company as an integrated part of your degree.
Why you should spend a semester abroad and where you can go.
With a Master's Degree in Leadership and Organisational Psychology, you will be a relevant and attractive candidate for a great number of positions at the managerial level in a variety of organisations.
Here are a few examples of positions our former student have obtained:
- Recruitment Coordinator Scandinavia, Tesla Motors
- Nordic HR Manager, Texas Instruments
- Consultant/Analyst, PA Consulting Group
- Talent and Reward Manager, Telia Norge
- HR Specialist, Opera Software
- Communication Manager, Thales Norway
Other position titles include Organisational Consultant, Customer Relations Manager, Business Analyst, Manager for Change and Management Trainee in various companies.
Priority application deadline for Master of Science: 1 March
View available Master of Science scholarships
Student life is a lot more than lectures and auditoriums.