By offering internship positions you can team up with competent students that wish to use what they have learned at school in a real world context.
BI Internship Master
Most of the BI Master programmes offer a BI Internship as an integrated part of the programme.
Students perform a full-time internship over a period of 8 or 12 weeks depending on the programme the students are innrolled in. The BI Internship course is completed by an examination.
What is required of the company?
Companies wanting to participate need to show a willingness for mutual learning and development. In order to participate as partners in the BI Internship course, companies must fulfil certain requirements:
- Established company - which means minimum 3 operative years, 5 employees and 5 million in revenues
- Not a sole proprietorship
- A contact person must be appointed to follow up with the student and to facilitate dialogue with BI
- Sign the Learning Contract
If you have doubts about fulfilling the requirements, please get in touch with BI's Internship team by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The BI Internship team can also help with the following questions:
- When and how to publish a BI Internship position on the BI Career Portal?
- How to effectively follow-up an intern?
- How to ensure a successful internship?
We recommend the company contact person to attend the Kick-Off event prior to the internship in order to get acquainted with the course structure and to build relations with the students and BI. We further encourage the contact person to arrange regular feedback meetings with the student throughout the internship periode.
What is required of the student?
Students who chose a BI Internship as an elective have to get in touch with a company themselves, fill in the Learning Contract and then apply for admission to the course to the BI Internship team. We recommend that students keep an eye on the BI Career Portal since many companies publish relevant BI Internship positions there. But students can also be proactive contacting companies that have not published any position on the BI Career Portal.
In order to be able to apply to the BI Internship course, students need to have full study progression.
What are typical tasks?
- A specific related project to be completed in 8 weeks (respectively 12 weeks)
- Project tasks that give the student valuable insights into real-world challenges and help the student to put academic learning into practical/applied perspective
- MSc Strategic Marketing Management students should deal with real-world challenges within the broad area of marketing
- MSc Leadership and Org. Psychology students should deal with real-world challenges within the broad area of human resource management and organizational behaviour
- MSc Finance/Quantitative Finance students should deal real-world challenges in the broad area of finance/quantitative finance
- MSc Business Analytics students should have clearly analytics-related tasks, involving a concrete data set that is accessible for students, where application of theoretical and technical knowledge can solve the specific tasks and problems
- Tasks that give room for independent work, with supervision/mentoring available from the company.
- That the student gets the opportunity to collaborate and work in a team
- A presentation of the results to the organisation, where the suggestions for practical solutions are supported with sound argumentation and academic analysis
Should the student be paid for working at the company?
BI Internship is a credit-bearing course. Therefore, BI does not expect the company to pay the student.
The following Master programmes offer a BI Internship as an elective:
|MSc in Business||3rd semester/autumn||Term paper, company evaluation, 12 ECTS|
|MSc in Leadership
and Organisational Psychology
|3rd semester/autumn||Term paper, company evaluation, 12 ECTS|
|MSc in Strategic Marketing Management||3rd semester/autumn||Term paper, company evaluation, 12 ECTS|
|MSc Finance/Quantitative Finance||2nd semester/spring/summer||Oral exam, company evaluation, 6 ECTS|
|Business Analytics||3rd semester/autumn||Oral exam, reflection note, company evaluation, 18 ECTS|