By offering internship positions you can team up with competent students that wish to use what they have learned at school in a real world context.
BI Internship Master
Most full-time master programmes at BI Norwegian Business School offer BI Internship as a credit-bearing course that allows the students to gain relevant work experience alongside with their degree.
BI Internship Master gives your organisation a unique opportunity to invite competent and motivated students to work on relevant tasks and projects. Internships can take place anywhere in the world, and you can recruit from a pool of talented Norwegian and International students. The BI Internships are full-time for 4 to 10 weeks, depending on the study programme.
BI Flex Internship – needs to be completed abroad.
Are you a student? Log in and read about BI Internship on the Student portal.
Due to different structure in the study programmes, the timeframe of when BI Internships are conducted varies.
The following students are available for BI Internships from week 19 to week 34:
The following students are available for BI Internships from week 25 to week 41:
The following students are available for BI Internships from week 25 to week 43:
Companies and organizations that wish to offer BI Internship needs to facilitate for mutual learning and development. Hence, BI has certain demands:
- The company needs to be established – this means 3 years of operation, a minimum of 5 employees, and 5 million Norwegian kroner in revenues.*
- A company contact person that will be responsible for following-up the student and keep in contact with BI.
- The Learning Contract should be completed and signed together with the student(s). BI Internship is a credit-bearing course and therefore in principle unpaid.
* MSc in Entrepreneurship and Innovation: own demands
If your company does not live up to the requirements please contact the BI Internship Team: email@example.com
- Fresh insights: Meet students who are familiar with the latest research within your field.
- Mutual learning and experience sharing: Create new learning arenas for both students and current employees.
- International perspectives: Choose an international student from your target market.
- Employer branding: Show your commitment to CSR by providing students with an opportunity early on in their career.
- Find your dream candidate early: Maybe you will find a future colleague among our students.
Master students that apply for BI Internship should have full study progression.
The students are responsible for securing their own internships, meaning they apply to companies of their own choice. If you wish to post an advertisement to reach out to our students, you can use the Career Portal. Please notice that the students apply directly to you and you are in charge of your own recruitment process. However, for the BI Internship to be valid, the company, the student and BI have to sign the learning contract.
- The contract must include a description of tasks and learning outcomes corresponding to the expectations for BI Internships.
- The student submits the learning contract and BI gives a final approval of the internship.
- The company must submit an evaluation form to the student at the end of the BI Internship.
Tasks are decided on by the student and the company in collaboration, and vary according to the needs of the company and students skills. Examples include market analysis, strategy development, customer relations, reports, analysis, recruitment, and budgeting.
There are specific requirements for each study programme, which are specified in the learning contract. Some general requirements that apply to all of the various programmes are:
- The intern should have a specific and relevant project or tasks, provided by the company or decided on by the student and the company in collaboration.
- The internship should:
- Give the student valuable insights into real work projects, and help the student put academic theory into practice.
- Provide opportunity to collaborate and/or work in a team.
- Give room for independent work
- At the end of the internship, the student will present the results of their work to the company.
BI Internship is a credit-bearing course. Therefore, BI does not expect the company to pay the student.
Before the internship
- Define clear tasks and projects
- Appoint a contact the intern can turn to for feedback, input regarding tasks/projects and social inclusion.
- Talk about expectations:
- Professional contribution, amount of autonomy, deadlines, code of conduct and how to solve conflicts if they arise.
- Explain the work culture
- Participate in the Kick-Off arranged at BI
During the internship
- Set up regular feedback meetings, i.e. weekly:
- Are expectations met on both sides?
- How are the tasks/projects going?
- Does the intern feel like a part of the working environment?
- Complete the company completion/evaluation form
- Provide intern with a letter of recommendation
- Volunteer to be a reference
HOW TO RECRUIT STUDENTS?
Companies that wish to be contacted by students can announce their BI Internship position via the BI Career Portal. Students must reach out to the companies themselves, and the companies conduct their preferred recruitment process before a learning contract is completed and signed by the student(s) and the company.
Finally, students apply for admission to the BI Internship course with the learning contract to BI. It is the companies’ and students’ responsibility to get acquainted with the requirements BI has to both parties.
Do you have questions regarding the application process? Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you want a BI Intern? Plan ahead!
BI Internship is an elective and the students have to apply for admission in the course. Therefore, the recruitment processes and learning contract needs to be ready by:
- 1 April for MSc in Business, MSc in Leadership and Organisational Psychology, MSc in Strategic Marketing Management, MSc in Applied Economics, MSc in Finance, MSc in Quantitative Finance, MSc in Business Analytics, MSc in Entrepreneurship and Innovation and MSc in Law and Business.