“This will be our third EQUIS review, and we are looking forward to receiving their feedback, both with regard to our strong points as well as where we have room for improvement,” says BI’s President Tom Colbjørnsen.
In the course of 15 meetings held over three days, the EQUIS committee will be meeting more than 90 people.
“EQUIS is strongly focussed on research, education, internationalisation and partnerships with business and industry, and we have some exciting days ahead of us,” Tom says.
The EQUIS Committee:
- Chairman Professor Eon van der Merwe Smit
- Prof. Dr. Martin K. Welge
- Director Jérôme Gueuginer
- Professor Peter Moizer
Fact file re. BI Norwegian Business School accreditations:
- The two most recognized international business schools accreditation bodies are the European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS), and the Association to Advance Collegiate School of Business (AACSB) in the United States.
- BI has been accredited by EQUIS since 1999, as one of 121 business schools. BI is up for its third reaccreditation process in the course of 2010.
- BI decided to seek accreditation from the AACSB in 2008, with a decision expected in 2-3 years.