The framework agreement has a duration of six years, with an option of an additional four years.
- We are very pleased to have signed one of the largest cooperative contracts in BIs history. Statoil is an exciting learning partner and we look forward to further developing our relationship with them, says Lise Hammergren, head of BI's executive market.
Statoil considers it very important to have a close and positive cooperation with competent professional environments to ensure that their own project managers and participants hold a high standard.
The new agreement covers competence building related to the various global challenges in energy projects from the exploration phase, via field development to production within the areas:
- Project management as an academic subject
- Global project strategies
- Organisation of energy projects
- International project management
- Work in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams
The agreement involves a partnership where Statoil will benefit from BI/NTNU's expertise within project management. At the same time, Statoil will contribute practical project management experience to the academic programmes at the two institutions.
"We have a large and diversified project portfolio, both on the Norwegian shelf and internationally, which will enter the execution phase in the time ahead. Project management is a professional discipline which is vital for our execution ability. Our goal is to strengthen projected development and efficiency of all units in the company," says Vidar Martin Birkeland, director of project development in TPD.
BI and NTNU have strong academic environments within project management, and they cooperate with leading universities in countries where Statoil expects to grow, such as Canada and the US. Development of correct and adequate expertise is an important success factor for the further development of Statoil.
- This is the largest corporate contract in the history of BI.
- The agreement has a duration of six years, with an option of an additional four years.