Chair of the nomination committee, Marianne Stenius, external board member of BI and previously the President of the Hanken School of Economics in Helsinki, Finland, for many years, is looking forward to an exciting recruitment process.
"This is one of the most attractive jobs within Scandinavian academia. The new President will take over a well-functioning organisation with solid finances and record-high admissions," Marianne Stenius says.
The annonuncement reads as follows:
BI Norwegian Business School is one of Europe's largest educational institutions with over 20.000 students. As Norway's foremost provider of business education BI builds on a unique tradition of combining academic rigour and professional relevance. Our programmes range from bachelor's to master's and PhD programs. BI is also known for its many tailor made programmes for the continuous education market.
BI has some of Europe's leading academic environments within the fields of economics, finance, strategy, marketing and management. As an employee at BI Norwegian Business School you will meet exciting challenges in an engaging and international environment, with over 800 colleagues who daily contribute to the development of the knowledge society.
Through academic rigour and relevance BI will position itself among the top business schools in Europe. BI helps to build the knowledge society through developing and offering research based and relevant educational programmes.
The President is BI's top academic and administrative leader. The position offers interesting opportunities for someone who combines the ability to promote academic value creation with business leadership in an academic knowledge organization in a competitive market.
- We are looking for a President with sound academic reputation and qualifications minimum at doctoral level. Candidates have leadership experience, preferably from academic knowledge organizations. The position requires good knowledge of Norwegian and international research and educational system and solid networks in academia, business, and amongst relevant authorities. Understanding of business development in a competitive international market and insight into modern teaching technology is important. International experience is emphasized.
- We are looking for a President who is unifying and who builds confidence and cooperation. Excellent communication skills and the ability to inspire competent employees are essential qualities. Our new President must be able to stimulate innovation and entrepreneurship and have the vigour to carry through.
- The person hired must be fluent in English and master Scandinavian as a working language.
- The position is a fixed-term position for four years with the possibility of one further period.
Please feel free to contact Delphi Consulting confidentially and without obligation. Bente A. Paulsrud/Liv S. Bøe, Delphi Consulting, Tel. 23 33 27 70. For further information, contact chair of the nomination committee Marianne Stenius, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org /Tel. + 358 400 403 223. See also bi.edu.
Please send applications with CV marked 45299 to email@example.com within 3. November 2013. All communication is treated as confidential until otherwise agreed, if desired also with regard to our client.
Facts about the procedures for recruiting the President:
BI follows the provisions concerning appointment of a President given in Section 10-4 of the Act relating to universities and university colleges. BI's regulations for nomination and appointment of a President and Provost provide supplementary provisions concerning the process.
- The President of BI Norwegian Business School is appointed by the board.
- The new President is appointed for a period of four years. The maximum term of office is two periods.
- The board of BI will receive the recommendation for a new President for the period from 2014 to 2018.
Nomination committee for 2014 BI President comprises the following persons:
Approinted by the Board of Directors:
Marianne Stenius, director and chair of the committee
Birger Magnus, external representative
Hilde Christiane Bjørnland
Øyvind Lund Martinsen
Mats Gimming Myhre
Students and employees who have suggestions for candidates, are asked to submit these to one of the committee members through the committee secretary or directly to our partner Delphi Consulting.