BI now boasts the three most prestigious international accreditations for business schools.
- Triple international accreditation has been part of BI's long-term strategy for becoming one of the leading European business schools. International accreditation will help us to keep constant focus on high academic standards and quality development and boost BI`s reputation nationally and internationally. It will also attract new cooperation partners and increase the value of a BI degree, states President Tom Colbjørnsen at BI Norwegian Business School.
With Accreditations from AACSB (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business), EQUIS (European Quality Improvement System ) and AMBA (The Association of MBAs) BI finds itself in the exclusive company of some of the world's leading business schools.
In 2013, only 70 business schools worldwide had triple international accreditation also known as a "Triple Crown". London Business School, INSEAD, HEC Paris and Copenhagen Business School are examples of other prominent "Triple Crown" schools.
Congratulations from the minister
The Minister of Education and Research congratulates BI in becoming the first school in Norway to earn the AACSB International Accreditation.
-I want to congratulate BI Norwegian Business School in earning this accreditation. Such an accreditation is important in reaching high academic goals and in increasing the quality of education. Says, the Minister of Education and Research Torbjørn Røe Isaksen.
-The AACSB accreditation process is first and foremost about quality assurance and development. It will be very useful in further improving BI's academic standards and meeting strategic goals, states President Tom Colbjørnsen.
AACSB accreditation guarantees in AACSB's own words "that a school has the best qualified faculty, relevant and challenging currriculum and provides educational and career opportunities that are not found at other business schools."
This accreditation is known for its rigid requirements regarding learning objectives, study programmes and faculty qualifications in relationship to the school's mission. The road to accreditation is long and demanding.
AACSB's justification for accrediting BI states that they are impressed with the quality of faculty, administrative staff, students and alumni. Committee members noted amongst other the high level of research publications of the last few years.
- For a business school with international ambitions there are three international accreditations that matter: European EQUIS (European Quality Improvement Systems), the American AACSB (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) and the British AMBA (The Association of MBAs).
- Schools that have all three are called "Triple Crown" schools and are considered to constitute a group of business schools in a class of its own internationally
- BI holds EQUIS accreditation since 1999
- BI obtained AMBA accreditation in November 2013