This course offers an introduction to econometrics. Econometrics uses statistical methods to quantify economic relationships. These methods are used both in business and economics, as well as in other social sciences. The course has a fundamentally international outlook, through the textbook, applications and the subject matter itself. The course teaches digital tools for analyzing data.
- Simple linear regression
- Multiple linear regression
- Non-linear regression functions
- Internal and external validity
- Regressions using panel data
- Probit and logit regressions
- Regressions with instrumental variables
- Experiments and quasi-experiments
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.