Pricing decisions are one of the areas where managers lack sufficient competence and lack a clear strategy. Most leaders choose the competitors' price levels, or the CFO's cost-plus calculations. This means that the companies both lose income and the competitiveness. This course on pricing decisions gives students a thorough introduction to value-based pricing.
This pricing decision course combines academic content with practical implementation in interdisciplinary student groups.
The course leads the students through a price decision process where they must analyze and develop a price strategy for a company of their choice. The industries they choose can be everything from entrepreneurs and start-ups, service and services, B2B, health and wellness, culture and creative players, global markets, technology, online shopping, the sharing economy, and environment and green products, to name a few. The work with price decisions gives the students insight into the tools needed to work systematically, analytically and plan-wise with the price development in any company.
Competence about price decisions gives a competitive advantage on the job market because it is relevant for all types of companies and industries.
- Objectives for the pricing strategy
- VTC analyzes of pricing strategies
- Conjoint analysis and Van-Westendrop-model
- Variation in the willingness to pay based on the properties of the products
- Variation in the willingness to pay based on customers' characteristics
- Price wars
- Price as a tool in the field of environment and sustainability
- Price tactics, sales and discounts
- Price calculations and revenue management
- Price manipulation and ethical pricing
- E-commerce and pricing in digital markets
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.