The Centre for Asset Pricing Research of BI Norwegian Business School is hosting the 2017 BISHoF Conference in Oslo.
Organizers: Paul Ehling, Håkon Tretvoll, Irina Zviadadze.
Each paper has 45 minutes, which are divided as follows
- 30 min for the presentation
- 10 min for the discussant
- 5 min for the presenter to answer the discussant, and take questions from the audience. Presenters and discussants are kindly asked to upload their slides on the computer before the start of their session.
The 2018 BI-SHoF conference will be hosted by the Swedish House of Finance in Stockholm.
- Time:Friday, 02 June 2017 08:30 - Saturday, 03 June 2017 14:00
- Place:Campus Oslo - room A2-045
- Contact:Adriana Kvam (email@example.com)
Friday, June2, 2017
Registration and welcome address
Session 1. Chair: Alessandro Graniero (BI)
Inference on Risk Premia in the Presence of Omitted Factors
*Stefano Giglio (Chicago Booth) and Dacheng Xiu (Chicago Booth)
Discussant: Irina Zviadadze (SSE)
An Information-Theoretic Asset Pricing Model
Anisha Ghosh (CMU), *Christian Julliard (LSE & CEPR) and Alex P. Taylor (Manchester Business School)
Discussant: Christian Heyerdahl-Larsen (LBS)
Session 2: Chair: Chunyu (Ben) Yang (BI)
The Quanto Theory of Exchange Rates
Paper:The Quanto Theory of Exchange Rates
Lukas Kremens (LSE) and *Ian Martin (LSE)
Discussant: Dagfinn Rime (BI)
Term structure of risk in macrofinance models
Paper: Term structure of risk in macrofinance models
*Irina Zviadadze (SSE)
Discussant: Christian Julliard (LSE & CEPR)
Session 3: Chair: Espen Henriksen (BI)
Inattention and Inertia in Household Finance: Evidence from the Danish Mortgage Market
Steffen Andersen (CBS), *John Y. Campbell (Harvard & NBER), Kasper Meisner Nielsen (HKUST) and Tarun Ramadorai (Imperial College & CEPR)
Discussant: Joël Peress (INSEAD)
Betting Against Correlation: Testing Theories of the Low-Risk Effect
Cliff Asness (AQR), Andrea Frazzini (AQR), Niels Joachim Gormsen (CBS), and *Lasse Heje Pedersen (AQR, CBS, NYU & CEPR)
Discussant: Tatyana Marchuk (BI)
Session 4. Chair: Håkon Tretvoll (BI)
Finance in a Time of Disruptive Growth
Nicolae Gârleanu (UC Berkley-Haas, NBER & CEPR) and *Stavros Panageas (UCLA Anderson & NBER)
Discussant: Alessandro Graniero (BI)
Paper: Real Anomalies
*Jules H. van Binsbergen (Wharton) and Christian C. Opp (Wharton)
Discussant: Ilan Cooper (BI)
Departure from the lobby of Radisson Blu Hotel Nydalen. For those going on their own, please be at the restaurant at 19:30.
Saturday, June 3, 2017: Coffee
Session 5. Chair: Irina Zviadadze (SSE)
Are Mutual Fund Managers Paid For Investment Skill?
Markus Ibert (SSE), *Ron Kaniel (Rochester & CEPR), Stijn van Nieuwerburgh (NYU, NBER & CEPR) and Roine Vestman (Stockholm)
Discussant: Samuli Knüpfer (BI)
Glued to the TV : Distracted Retail Investors and Stock Market Liquidity
*Joël Peress (INSEAD) and Daniel Schmidt (HEC Paris)
Discussant: Øyvind Norli (BI)
Session 6. Chair: Paul Ehling (BI)
Precautionary Savings in Stocks and Bonds
*Carolin Pflueger (UBC), Emil Siriwardane (HBS) and Adi Sunderam (HBS & NBER)
Discussant: Espen Henriksen (BI)
The Economics of the Fed Put
Paper: The Economics of the Fed Put
Anna Cieslak (Duke Fuqua & CEPR) and *Annette Vissing-Jørgensen (UC BerkleyHaas & NBER)
Discussant: Bernard Dumas (INSEAD, NBER & CEPR)
Getting to BI and the hotel from Oslo airport, Gardermoen:
- When you arrive at the airport, please take the airport train ("Flytoget"-this is the best means of transport from the airport) to the downtown main station ("Oslo Sentralstasjon"). Note that BI does not reimburse taxis from the airport to the city and does not reimburse Uber rides in Oslo. You need to purchase a ticket for the train prior to boarding to facilitate reimbursement. There are ticket machines just outside the barriers before descending to the platform.
- From the central station to the hotel, take a taxi, or take the subway ("T-bane") from Jernbanetorget (the subway stop at the central station) to Nydalen. Line 4 (westbound towards Vestli) and line 5 (westbound, called “Ringen” not towards Sognsvann) will take you to Nydalen in 10-15 minutes. The hotel is just to the right of Nydalen's main subway exit, and BI is just in front of it.
Conference hotel: Radisson Blu Hotel Nydalen, Nydalsveien 33, 0404 Oslo Phone: (+47) 23 26 30 00
Ekebergrestauranten, Kongsveien 15, 0193 Oslo. Phone: (+47) 23 24 23 00. From Nationaltheatret you can take tram no. 19 and from Jernbanetorget you can take tram no. 18, to Ekebergparken.