The Gender Equality Conference
As one of Europe’s leading business schools, with great ambitions both nationally and internationally, we want to contribute to a better world. Our research and teaching are a big part of this contribution. But it is also important that we use our strong position to create arenas for constructive dialogue and exchanging ideas.
Therefore, we have invited eminent speakers from the business community, politicians and our own faculty to shed some light on gender equality from different perspectives. It will be an inspirational day.
Join us for our live streaming!
- Time:Friday, 08 March 2019 12:00 - 16:00
- Place:Streamed live on all campuses
Campus Oslo: C1-010, 12-4 pm.
Campus Bergen: Master 4, 12-4 pm
Campus Stavanger: Auditorium Sola, 12-4 pm
Campus Trondheim: Harvard, 12-4 pm
If you are not able to join us on one of our campuses, then follow our live stream on BI's Facebook page.
- Welcome from Inge Jan Henjesand - President of BI Norwegian Business School
- Marianne Borgen - Mayor of Oslo
- Hadia Tajik - Deputy Leader of the Norwegian Labour Party
"Why women are more profitable than oil"
- Torbjørn Røe Isaksen - Minister of Trade and Industry
"Gender equality is good for business"
- Hilde C. Bjørnland - Provost and Professor, BI Norwegian Business School
"Feminism in the 1970s - Foundations for the Norwegian oil wealth"
- Gillian Warner-Søderholm - Associate Professor, Department of Communication & Culture, BI Norwegian Business School
"Drivers of gender equality in a Norsemen culture"
- Morten Huse - Professor, Department of Communication & Culture, BI Norwegian Business School
"How gender quotas snowballed into an avalanche"
- Iris Cuppen and Tobias Bæck - Bakken & Bæck
"Baby steps towards change - diversity and inclusion at Bakken & Bæck"
- Jeanette Rønne - Head of Emerging Tech, EVRY
"Robot recruiting for gender equality"
- Kristin Skogen Lund - CEO, Schibsted
"Because it is worth it"
- Remarks by Former U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton