BI National Case Competition 2020
Which BI campus has the best case team? At BI National Case Competition (BINCC) 2020 you will get the answer! Six talented teams from BI's four campuses will be challenged to solve and present two business cases. The winning team becomes BI's national case champion.
Which BI campus has the best case team? At BI National Case Competition (BINCC) 2020 you will get the answer! Five talented teams from BI will be challenged to solve and present two business cases. The winning team becomes BI's national case champion.
Watch the presentations live!
The teams will present their solutions to the Second Case delivered by TINE live on Zoom Friday 30 October 09:00-13:45 and you are invited to watch the presentations:
Meeting ID: 697 5894 2070
Presentation schedule Friday 30 October:
- 09:00-09:15: Welcome! Introduction and rules
- 09:15-09:45: Presentation Team 1: TNT Consulting
- 09:45-10:00: Jury discussion team 1 in breakout room
- 10:00-10:30: Presentation Team 2: MSG Consulting
- 10:30-10:45: Jury discussion team 2 in breakout room
- 10:45-11:15: Presentation Team 3: Fischer Consulting
- 11:15-11:30: Jury discussion team 3 in breakout room
- 11:15-12:00: Zoom break for audience
- 11:30-12:00: Zoom break for judges
- 12:00-12:30: Presentation Team 4: Beacon Consulting
- 12:30-12:45: Jury discussion team 4 in breakout room
- 12:45-13:15: Presentation Team 5: HEEO Consulting
- 13:15-13:45: Jury discussion team 5 and final jury discussion in breakout room
The winner will represent BI in FEP UPORTO International Case Competition (online) 17-20 November 2020 and BI Case Comepetition 16-20 February 2021. The runner-up will represent BI in John Molson Undergraduate Case Competition (online) 28 Feb-6 March 2021.
A fun learning experience
BI National Case Competition (BINCC) aims to provide a fun learning experience for its participants. Fair play is an essential criterion in the case competition. All participants are expected to treat each other with respect.
Five teams from BI solve and present two business cases during BINCC. Each team consists of four full-time bachelor students. Each team must decide on a name for their team. The name must be neutral and give no indication as to which campus the team represents.
The First Case: BI StartUp
The First Case was launched live on Zoom Friday 23 October by our case partner BI StartUp. The teams then had four days to solve the case. The teams presented their solutions to a jury consisting of representatives from the case company and other business representatives Wednesday 28 October 12:00-15:30. The teams had 15 minutes to present their solution, followed by a ten-minute Q&A session.
All teams were allowed to watch each other present and the First Case was therefore an important learning arena for the participants. The jury decided on a winner and a runner-up and congratulations to Fischer Consulting and MSG Consulting for placing 1st and 2nd! Well done! The results of The First Case have no bearing on the results of The Second Case.
The Second Case: TINE
Thursday 29 October at 09:00-10:30 we had a live Zoom presentation of The Second Case held by the case company TINE. Directly after the case launch, the case text was distributed to the teams and they have 12 hours to come up with their solutions.
- Time:Wednesday, 28 October 2020 12:00 - Friday, 30 October 2020 16:00
- Place:Online via Zoom
- Contact:Hilde Spæren (email@example.com)