Can Oil Companies go Green? Industrial Experiences and Expert Outlooks
The seminar presents the results of a BI case study of the European oil and gas industry's transition to new climate realities. We invite the companies at the heart of the transition to share their views and insights. We thereafter discuss where the transition out of oil takes Norway and Norwegian industry, in a panel of prominent Norwegian experts.
The event is undertaken under AFINO (the Center for Responsible Research and Innovation in Norway) in collaboration with NIFU, the Nordic Institute for Studies on Innovation, Research and Education.
Conversation chaired by Per M. Koch, NIFU
Main findings from the study “Oil companies out of petroleum?” by Atle Midttun, BI
Restructuring in two Nordic pioneering companies:
- Øyvind Vessia, Director for Regulatory Affairs at Ørsted
- Andreas Teir, Vice President, Sales Nordics at Neste
Panel conversation led by Atle Midttun, BI
- Bente Hagem - former Statnett and the EU
- Hilde Nordbø - Handelsbanken
- Jon Evang – The Environmental Foundation Zero
- Ellen Bakken - The Norwegian Oil & Gas Associaton