– It is the first time this accreditation is given. We consider it a great honour to be among the first educational institutions in the world to be awarded this certification, says president of BI, Inge Jan Henjesand.
BI is Norway's largest provider of online financial bachelor education, with over 3300 participants per year. The first online bachelor degree at BI was launched in the year 1990. The course to have received the certification is the course Consumer Behavior, led by lecturer Nina Ronæs. EOCCS is the only certification of its kind in the world.
– We accredited along with the most international and prestigious business schools in the world. This establishes BI as a leading international educational institution that makes use of the future teaching methods, which we are very proud of, concludes Henjesand.
The following schools received EOCCS accreditation this week:
• BI Norwegian Business School, Norway
• HEC Paris, France
• Henley Business School, UK
• Grenoble Ecole de Management, France
Facts about EFMD and EOCCS:
The European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD) is one of the largest international networks in management development in the world. EFMD plays an important role in shaping an international approach to management education and is an important forum for information, research, networking and debate on innovation and best practice in management training. The network includes more than 800 member institutions in over 80 countries.
EOCCS is an accreditation that is designed and owned by EFMD. The accreditation was granted for the first time this year and is the only international accreditation of its kind. Based on an extensive application and review process, the accreditation is awarded to operators in the categories of Business Schools and Corporate Institutions / Universities.
Lecturer at BI, Nina Ronæs.