With the newly established International Advisory Board, BI is in good company with other international business schools such as London School of Economics, Saïd Business School and HEC Paris.
– We are proud and honored to have such a broad spectrum of professionals with unique experience in both international business and academia, with us on the board, says President of BI Norwegian Business School, Inge Jan Henjesand.
BI’s IAB consists, among others, of Rickard Gustafson, CEO of SAS, Elisabeth Tørstad, CEO of DNV GL Oil & Gas, Lu Xiongwen, Professor and Dean at Fudan University School of Management, Ajay Kohli, Professor at Georgia Tech, Scheller College of Business, Kjersti Wiklund, Head of Global Technology Services at Vodafone and Andrew Pettigrew, Professor Emeritus at Saïd Business School University of Oxford.
BI’s Advisory Board will maintain a consulting role for BI's management, as well as for the board of directors. The board aims to develop BI’s international footprint.
– BI’s strategy is ambitious, and we aim to rank amongst the top 20 business schools in Europe. The establishment of BI’s IAB is important in our efforts to strengthen and develop BI’s international position in our research and study programmes. Moreover, it gives us the opportunity to be in the driver's seat in the development of how future education should be delivered, says Henjesand.
A forward-looking business school
The IAB members will have a major role in establishing close relationships with both international businesses and academia.
– BI’s attractiveness depends on our footprint in the international research arena. In order to establish ourselves among the best business schools in Europe, and provide relevant and innovative programmes in a global context, we must be close to the international business community and academia, concludes Henjesand.
Meetings with BI’s Advisory Board will preferably be held once a year. BI is represented by President Inge Jan Henjesand and Chairman Knut Haanæs.
BI advisory board consists of the following members:
- Rickard Gustafson, President and CEO of SAS
- Elisabeth Tørstad, CEO of DNV GL, Oil & Gas
- Hege Skryseth, President of Kongsberg Digital and Chief Digital Officer at KONGSBERG, Kongsberg Gruppen ASA
- Kristin Holth, Executive Vice President, Global Head of Shipping, Offshore & Logistics DNB Bank ASA
- Kjersti Wiklund, Director, Group Technology Operations, Vodafone
- Mary-Yoko Brannen, Professor, Jarislowsky CAPI East Asia (Japan) Chair and Professor of International Business, Gustavson School of Business, University of Victoria
- Djeni Rolana, International shipping Consultant and former Chief Operating Officer, ESHIPS, Abu Dhabi
- Lu Xiongwen, Professor, Dean, School of Management, Fudan University, Shanghai
- Andrew Pettigrew, Emeritus Professor of Strategy and Organisation, Said Business School University of Oxford
- Ajay Kohli, Professor, Georgia Tech, Scheller College of Business
- Michael D Johnson, Provost and Professor of Marketing, Babson College
- Christoph Badelt, Director, Austrian Institute for Economic Research, former President, WU (Vienna University of Economics and Business), Austria