AI and Data Ethics
Complete course description will be ready summer 2020.
In this course, we will explore the foundational issues that comprises current developments in artificial intelligence, primarily form an ethics, privacy and business and society perspective. Based on a solid understanding of the capabilities and limitations of various approaches to artificial intelligence, we will conceptualize scenarios for business and society, and deliberate on the possible economic and ethical outcomes of these.
- How Algorithms Work
- Representations and Symbolic Approaches to Artificial Intelligence
- Deep Learning
- The Value of Data and its Inherent Biases
- The Economic impact of Artificial Intelligence and Data
- Autonomy and Agency of Artificial Intelligence
- Transparency and Accountability
- Privacy Concepts
- Ownership and Access
- Key Legislations particularly surrounding data handling.
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.