Excerpt from course description
- GRA 4110
- 6 Credits
This course gives an applied introduction to the most important techniques in business-related data analytics. Students are given hands-on experience with programming, working with data, using descriptive statistics to motivate models, and using models to turn data into actionable knowledge. Programming, mathematical theory and applications will be interwoven in application focused projects.
- Introduction to sums and summation notation, and other foundational issues.
- Introduction to R. Introductory descriptive statistics, data visualization and data re-organization. Data exploration and visualization in R
- A review of statistical inference and large sample inference using simulation-experiments.
- An introduction to data-modelling: Simple regression models and an introduction to simulation.
- Multiple linear regression: Dummy-variables, interaction terms, data-transformations and interpretation.
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.