Every organisation depends on having an awareness of what and how they communicate, in order to influence the way they are received. This course will teach students about rhetoric, so that they can apply relevant methods and principles to any communication situation. Content of the course will include research in rhetoric, theory as well as criticism. Students will be introduced to basic principles of the field, enabling them to analyse and design texts and messages for different contexts and specific situations.
- Organizations and rhetoric in contemporary culture
- Identification of strategies in organizational rhetoric
- Rhetorical situations in organizations
- Critical approaches to organizational rhetoric
- Evaluating and critiquing organizational rhetoric
- Identity creation and maintenance rhetoric
- Rhetoric and issues
- Rhetoric and organizational risk
- Crisis rhetoric
- Organizational rhetoric for internal audiences
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.