Business and Professional Ethics RE-SIT EXAMINATION
Business and professional ethics as a course topic has two main functions. On the one hand, ethics is potentially helpful when it comes to analyzing, handling and preventing moral conflict cases in business contexts. On the other hand, business ethics invites a constructive and critical look at business professional roles, business practices, and other business school disciplines.
The course emphasizes work with cases and it reflects that the subject business and professional ethics should be a field of good listening, reflection, discussion and critical thinking. For a first impression, watch perhaps a popular presentation of what the field is about such as the one by St. Gallen University: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0NkGtNU_9w or search on your own for online presentations of business ethics and/or of corporate responsibility
- Why moral conflict cases are ubiquitous
- Cases sorted by fields, with debriefing and discussion: human resource management ethics, marketing and PR ethics, professional ethics, environmental ethics, cross-cultural business ethics
- Business and professional ethics, additional topics and approaches
- Business ethics and corporate responsibility, structured by different kinds of stakeholders
- Business ethics as a research and a teaching discipline
- Different approaches to moral philosophy.
- Thinking beyond moral conflict cases: business ethics as professional ethics
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.