The course objective is to familiarize the students with computer-based simulation methodologies and tools used in business settings characterized by uncertainty and variability. The main focus will be on discrete-event, agent-based and Monte Carlo simulations.
- Introduction to simulation
- Monte-Carlo simulation
- Anylogic modeling environment
- Discrete-event simulation
- Agent-based simulation
- Calibration, optimization and parameter variation experiments
- Pedestrian, process, material handling, and traffic modeling libraries in Anylogic
- Simulation in practice
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.