This course is part of the Executive Master of Management in Energy in cooperation with BI Norwegian Business School and IFP School.
The consultancy project is an integral part of the Executive Master of Management in Energy (EMME) curriculum intended to allow participants to apply the knowledge and skills acquired during the program in a real-life business, organizational or political situation. The Consultancy Project is commissioned by a company, an organization, or a public authority to address a challenge or problem which it faces.
The subject should in most cases be provided by a company, an organization or a public authority and approved by the faculty coordinators in the EMME Program. The project is usually supervised by a company, organizational or institutional representative who ensures that the project is relevant to their practices, as well as by a professor (supervisor) from one of the institutions (BI or IFP) whose role is to validate the theoretical and methodological quality.
Module 1 – March (Oslo)
- Introductory lecture and workshop on consultancy projcets
Module 2 – September (Paris)
- First presentation of ideas for consultancy projects, and workshop to develop them towards clear proposals
- Contact with consultancy project supervisors
Module 3 – November (Oslo/)
- Refinement of consultancy propposals, workshop to consolidate method and analytical framing.
- Approval of consultancy project theme and supervisor
Supervision by assigned supervisors (November-March)
Module 4 – March (Paris)
- Project Coaching
Supervision by assigned supervisors (March-May)
Module 5 – May (Oslo)
- Early stage consultancy project issues: concepts, methodos, relevance etc. Workshop and presenations to refine analysis
Supervision by assigned supervisors (May – September)
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.