The main objective of this course is to provide students with the tools to carry out a business valuation using residual income valuation techniques.
We study the actual financial statements of publicly-traded companies in the assignments that we discuss in class. The course combines accounting principles and investment principles to answer the question: How do I account for value so that I can challenge stock prices with some confidence?
- Introduction to investing and valuation
- Accounting quality analysis
- Reformulation of financial statements
- Valuation using multiples
- Residual income valuation models
- Analysis of risk and return
- Forecasting analysis
- Writing an equity reserach report
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.