Maintenance is scheduled on BI's network Friday 9 June from 18:00-23:00. The student portal and BI’s application web will be unstable during this period. We apologise for the inconvenience.
The student portal and application web may be unavailable 9 June between 18:00-23:00 due to maintenance.
- GRA 6036
- 6 Credits
This course gives an applied introduction to the most important techniques in business-related data analytics. Students are given hands-on experience with programming, working with data, using descriptive statistics to motivate models, and using models to turn data into actionable knowledge. Simulation techniques will be used to assess statistical tools.
- Introduction to R. Introductory descriptive statistics, data visualization and data re-organization. Introductory statistical inference.
- Data exploration and visualization in R.
- An introduction to data-modelling: Simple regression models and an introduction to simulation.
- Multiple linear regression: Dummy-variables, interaction terms, data-transformations and interpretation.
- A brief introduction to regression diagnostics and model selection.
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.