The course will give insight on legal rules on data protection—i.e., a set of norms which specifically govern the processing of data relating to persons (personal data) in order to protect the privacy and related interests. The course also seeks to raise the key ethical concerns related to the usage of personal information for individuals, organizations, businesses and society.
The course seeks to have a business and a practical perspective, in order to fulfill its obligation to be applicable knowledge and relevance.
- Privacy and data protection
- GDPR and privacy by design
- Electronic commerce
- Regulations regarding Internet and algorithms
- Rule of law concerning Big data
- Codes of practice
- Privacy by design
- Transfer of data
- Modern business ethical challenges of usage of personal information, Big data analytics and data sharing
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.