Excerpt from course description
- GRA 6830
- 6 Credits
This is a theoretical course giving insight into the theoretical approaches mostly applied in strategic management. Where applicable the course relates the theoretical perspectives covered to sustainability.
The course will introduce, analyze, and evaluate a variety of theories and their application within the strategic management field. These may include the following:
- Industrial Organization Theory and platform ecosystems for sustainability
- Strategic Groups theory
- Learning theory
- Resource Dependency theory
- Network Theory
- Resource Based View
- Activity Based View, including circular value creation
- Transaction Cost Economics
- Institutional Theory, including sustainable Ecological Systems
Theories and their implied strategies will be discussed.
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.