The course, which is an introductory economics course on master level, provides the students with the main concepts and models used in modern micro- and macroeconomic analysis.
- Utility Maximization
- Demand Function and Substitution Effects
- Market Demand, Market Equilibrium, and Uncertainty
- Firm Behavior and Supply Function
- Firm Supply and Industry Equilibrium
- Imperfect Competition
- General Equilibrium with Production
- Fiscal Policy and the Role of Money
- The Neoclassical Model
- The New Keynesian Model: IS Curve and Policy
- IS-LM and the Role of Monetary Policy
- Open Economy Models
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.