Economics for Finance
The course, which is an introductory economics course on master level, provides the students with the main concepts and models used in modern micro- and macroeconomic analysis.
- Consumer theory
- Theories of the firm
- Market structure – competitive and oligopolistic markets
- Welfare theory
- Asymmetric information and market frictions
- Measuring National Income and Growth
- Business Cycles and Inflation
- The Monetary System
- Monetary and Fiscal Policy
- Economic Growth and Development
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.