The course will give an introduction to project management. The students will be given an understanding of what a project is and a foundation for planning, organizing and controlling projects. The course will further develop the students knowledge about the problems of project work and will, by the help of theory and practical examples, show how to plan, organize, manage and control a project to achieve the goals set.
- What is a project and project work
- Strategy and project management
- Selection and defining the project
- Time planning
- Cost and quality planning
- Organizational structures and teamwork
- Risk management
- Project leadership and management
- Stakeholder management
- Project control
- Scope management
- Contract administration
- Project completion and success evaluation
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.