This course is part of the Executive Master of Management in Energy in cooperation with BI Norwegian Business School and IFP School.
The course is focusing on understanding the global arena and business picture in energy in which digitalisation, sustainability and internaational issues are key topics for future management in the energy sector
The course is designed as an introductory session for understanding oof the impact of the geopolitics and the global energy economics. It provides to the candidates the "overall and broad" picture of the energy sector as a whole as well as initially addressing the issues on how to master the traansition towards enhanced sustainability in the energy business.
- Major challenges to energy markets, companies and policies
- Drivers in, and interaction between, markets for non-renewable and renewable energy sources - Energy economics, restructuring and regulation of markets and industries - overall perspectives
- The prospects for renewable energy sources
- The international energy business - overview
- Formation of international energy prices
- New business models applied in energy sector - Performance improvement through the expanded use of digitalisation, IOT, machine learning, remote control and real time assessments
- Environmental economics and climate change
- The Leadership challenges in a turbulent and unpredictable business environment.
- Team organization design in energy business organisations – success factor and critical issues
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.