Following two decades of deregulation and a strong policy for de-carbonization, energy is undergoing rapid change. The energy landscape has shifted. Changing customer behavior, new technology, and increasingly global markets are creating two distinct energy worlds. The classic energy world has the indispensable task of ensuring supply security. Alongside it is emerging the new world of distributed energy solutions.
The course highlights the sources of these changes, and what they mean for energy policy, markets and innovative business reconfiguration.
This course and GRA 6837 CSR, Innovation and Strategy for Sustainable Business can be taken individually or be combined.
- Energy and the Climate Challenge Policy Challenges and the Need for Integrated Solutions
- Energy from De-regulation Towards Green Transition, Perspectives and Tools
- Innovation and Industrial Transformation: The incorporation of distributed energy solutions alongside the central systems.
- Business Models for the 21st century: Facing the Green and Digital Challenges
- Green energy transition: Industrial cases
- Green and distributed energy transition: Oslo’s Green City Initiatives
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.