- ENT 3673
- 7.5 Credits
This final course focuses on developing and managing businesses in the start-up phase. Particular attention will be paid to management challenges in the different developmental phases of a start-up business. There will be frequent discussions and visits by experienced entrepreneurs and other experts. Students on the course will also evaluate themselves as entrepreneurs and discuss whether they believe they will run a business in all phases of development or whether they will change roles en route.
- The entrepreneurs motivation and vision
- The business idea, business model and business strategy
- Boosting a business and consolidating a business idea
- Leadership in start-ups
- Managing uncertainty and risk
- IP strategy
- Setting up a board, board composition
- The work of a board
- Ownership, financing and influence
- Risk capital
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.