Entrepreneurship and Green Business Innovations
This course, conducted in Stockholm, focuses on how you can develop smart green ideas and make business models for innovations. We will visit leading Swedish entrepreneurial networks, such as Norrsken, the “Impact Unicorn Factory” and meet leading impact entrepreneurs, business angels as well as investors. We will also learn more about design thinking in practice, social entrepreneurship and impact investment, and how companies can tackle cultural and organisational inertia. We delve into entrepreneurship and intrapreneurship; how new green ventures go from seed to growth stage - and from start-ups to scale-ups.
- Theories of innovation in a Green Economy framework
- Funding of green innovations: trends and pitfalls
- How to run an innovation incubator for impact start-ups
- Entrepreneurship vs intrapreneurship: from seed to growth stage, start-ups to scale-ups
- The psychological, team challenges and shadow sides of entrepreneurs and start-ups; why do most start-ups fail?
- Social entrepreneurship and impact investment
- How the Nordic model connects to and drives the sustainability transformation
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.