Financial statement analysis has proven to be useful in a wide range of business decisions. Equity analysts use it as a foundation for their projections of the earnings potential of a company. Credit analysts use it as a tool to determine whether loans should be granted or extended.
The corporate annual report is the primary document in financial statement analysis. We will examine where to find relevant information and what it indicates about the "health of the company". The course demonstrates how financial information can be used to evaluate a company's past performance and present circumstances as well as what might transpire in the future (forecasts).
- The Financial Statement Analysis Process
- The Corporate Annual Report
- The Financial Statement Analysis Report
- Some Important Financial Statement Analysis Issues
- Understanding the Income Statement, the Balance Sheet and the Cash Flow Statement
- Financial Reporting Quality Analysis
- Adjusting and Reorganizing Financial Statements
- Financial Statement Analysis of Past Performance
- Simple Forecasting
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.