International economic integration is a major ingredient in economic globalization. This course gives students an advanced introduction to the major theories of international trade and investments.
Main topics are
- comparative advantage and gains from trade
- new trade theory based on monopolistic competition and increasing returns to scale
- firm in international trade
- international trade, factor mobility and foreign direct investments
- international trade and growth
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.