The course will conver topics such as:
- Alternative Specifications of the Price of Oil
- Driver of the oil price
- Forecasting the Real Price of Oil
- A Review of the Channels of Transmission of Oil Price Shocks
- Are Macroeconomic Responses Asymmetric in Oil Price Increases and Decreases?
- Monetary Policy Responses to Oil Price Fluctuations
- Resource rich economies
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.