Excerpt from course description
- EXC 2910
- 7.5 Credits
This is a basic mathematics course that spans two semesters. It aims to prepare the student for quantitative courses in economics and finance. The first semester (autumn) covers basic mathematical skills in algebra, equations, inequalities, functions and their graphs, and differentiation. The second semester (spring) focuses on more advanced calculus and some financial mathematics.
- Basic algebra
- Solving equations and inequalities. Systems of equations
- Functions and graphs
- Differentiation and its use in economics
- Basic financial mathematics
- Basic integration
- Functions of two variables. Partial differentiation and Langrange's method
- Introduction to matrices and Gauss elimination.
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.