New Venture Creation
CANCELLED AUTUMN 2020
This course is about entrepreneurship in practice. Students will gain real-life experience with New Venture Creation by working with a real startup company to develop their business plan. The students will use state of the art entrepreneurship tools, to learn how to develop and validate a business idea (value proposition), and build a viable business model around it. Lectures consist of a mix of group work to coach the project work, research based lectures, and case studies. Core themes of entrepreneurship will be discussed, such as lean startup processes, business modelling, entrepreneurial marketing and strategy, intellectual property, and venture capital. Innovation and technology hubs in the Oslo region will be mobilized to connect students and startups.
The course is also used as preparation for “gründerskolen” (the Norwegian School of Entrepreneurship, summer program).
- The lean startup method for starting new ventures
- Business modelling - from value propositions to firm level strategy of startups
- Entrepreneurial strategy, marketing and management
- How to structure a business plan
- Incorporation - choosing a legal structure
- Entrepreneurship and motivation - people in the organization
- Building business plan budgets and economic forecasts
- Intellectual property issues
- Venture capital
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.