The field of operations management and logistics necessitates a strong understanding of optimization methods and principles for cost minimization, service level enhancement and efficient resource utilization. In this course, students will acquire knowledge on making effective and efficient operational decisions in logistics, as well as evaluating their consequences, by exploring predictive and prescriptive techniques and models. The course will focus on diverse approaches to optimize supply chains and their practical implementation in real-world scenarios. Moreover, in today's business landscape, where sustainability is a fundamental tenet, the ability provided by this course to effectively and efficiently plan the use of scarce resources, is crucial for attaining significant sustainability goals.
- Introduction to operations management and optimization
- Understanding the supply process and capacity evaluation process
- Optimising the flow through a supply chain
- Demand Forecasting
- Aggregate production planning
- Cycle Inventory management
- Discounts in inventory management
- Safety inventory management
- Optimal service levels
- Pricing and revenue management
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.