Excerpt from course description
- MBA 2391
- 4 Credits
The course is broken down into the two elements of Organization Theory & Design, and Management Control, which will be covered in the above order.
Organization theory & design
- Types of organization design
- Centralization, decentralization and specialization
- Types and forms of organizational change
- Implementing organizational change
- Conventional management control (responsibility centers, budgeting, financial performance metrics)
- Performance measurement systems (non-financial metrics, link to strategy and organisation design, bottom-up use of performance measurement)
2 of the teaching hours in this course are dedicated to CSR, ethics, social and environmental issues.
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.