Excerpt from course description
- FORK 1006
- 0 Credits
Students that are accepted to the programme in Master in Accounting and Auditing have various backgrounds, and some have not sufficient knowledge of basic accounting to follow the mandatory courses in financial reporting, financial statement analysis, auditing and valuation. This voluntary course gives an introduction to accounting which defines a starting point of knowledge for the mandatory courses.
Topics covered in the course are:
- Primary financial statements
- Central accounting concepts
- Specification and classification of the balance sheet and income statement
- Recognition and measurement of assets and liabilities
- Double entry accounting
- Accrual accounting
- Cash flow statement
- Reporting entity and consolidation
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.