The aim of this course is to equip the students with basic tools in programming, data extraction and visualization of datasets. Using a learning-by-doing approach, we solve basic problems encountered in data science using Python. The course will be using a blended learning approach with a focus on solving practical problems under guidance by teachers. Data examples for business applications will be given.
- Python basics
- Programming environment.
- Variables and data types.
- Input and output.
- Control flow (conditionals and loops).
- Data extraction and visualization
- Reading and writing data.
- Data summarization and quality assessment.
- Subset selection and data manipulation.
- Data aggregation and statistics computation.
- Data visualization and interpretation.
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.