This course is part of the Executive Master of Management in Energy in cooperation with BI Norwegian Business School and IFP School.
The topics in this course will cover the key concepts, tools and techniques of project finance and financial management and show students how to apply them to companies in the energy sector
Project Finance & Evaluation
- Theory and practice of financing projects in the energy sector
- Role of understanding, analyzing and anticipating political, technical and economic risks when evaluating a project finance plan
- Project finance risk management techniques: contractual, operational, logistical
- Assessing strategic economic, industrial investment decisions
- Illustration of the roles and interests of public, private and other stakeholders involved in a large energy project
Equity Analysis and Credit Rating
- Equity valuation techniques: DCF, proxy multiples, sum of parts
- Role of equity analysts in the capital markets and importance for the energy sector
- Fundamentals of credit scoring: how do banks and credit ratings agencies assess the credit-worthiness of companies. Examples from the energy sector.
Energy Industry Risk Management
- The Risk Management Process
- Risk mapping
- Risk mitigation
- The Net Risk Exposure
Renewable Energy Project Financing
- Intro : 3 main actors and their respective goals
- Project Development
- Project Financing
- Operations & Maintenance : quick overview
- Case Study
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.