In accordance with the estate agency act, in force from 1 January 2008, formal estate agency competence or legal competence is required of persons involved in the sale and purchase of real estate in the estate agencies.
- History, how has the profession occurred and how it has evolved
- Introduction to the estate agent's role and tasks. Clarify the estate brokers responsibility in relation to their customers. Clarify the term intermediary.
- Introduction to the concept good broker practice. What helps to form the concept of good estate agency practice. Sensitise students that the concept of good brokering practices and ethics in practice is central in the exercise of the real estate profession. Ethics is essential throughout the teaching and lecturers will by examples show which ethical dilemmas a real estate agent may face in everyday life.
- Conditions for exercise of the real estate profession. Relations with public authorities including the Financial Supervisory Authority, the Competition Authority, consumer authorities and tax authorities.
- Implementation of the various types of operation of the mission obtained the settlement has been completed. Rules for the lease of real property.
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.