- ELE 3705
- 7.5 Credits
Today, reputation is recognized as one of the most important assets of an organization. However, the complexities of reputation as a phenomenon are often not properly understood. As a result organizations put their reputations at risk. Reputation is the responsibility of everyone in the organization, but utlimately it is managers' actions that contribute to the overall success of the organization's reputation and standing. This course provides anyone working at any level within any function in any kind of organization with the basic understanding of the principles of reputation and how it is used in building the corporate brand with multiple stakeholders. The word corporate is understood in the broadest sense to represent any type of organization.
- Understanding identity and image
- Rise and scope of corporate reputation
- Significance of corporate culture
- Reputation risk and how to mitigate it
- Measuring reputation
- Rise of corporate brands and brand-reputation dilemma
- Measuring corporate brands
- Dimensions and contexts of corporate communication
- Stakeholder dimension
- Symbols, tools and media
- Corporate communication methods
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.