Research Methodology for Supply Chain and Operations Management
Students participating in this course will be guided towards the completion of a research proposal. The main aim of the course is to provide students with the knowledge and skills in order to successfully complete a master thesis.
The course covers the philosophical underpinnings of research in business with focus on supply chain and operations management. This includes the fundamentals of research design. The main section of the course covers both qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Introduction to the Research Process - philosphy of science, research proposals, research process, research ethics
- Research Design - problems, questions, collection and design
- Secondary Research and Analysis - literature searching, literature reviews, review articles, database management
- Qualitative Research - assumptions, ideas, methodologies and methods
- Quantitative Methods: surveys and modelling - assumptions, ideas, methodologies and methods
- Database Development, Management and Use
- Experimental Design
The course provides guidance on writing the thesis registration form and start of developing a thesis proposal.
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.