This course is mainly based on theories concerning marketing and economics. Topics will include store establishing, store organisation and store management.
- The retail industry, type of retailers, market strategies, retail formats, owners and retail chains
- Consumer behaviour and market segmentation built on customer relationship management
- Market strategy and strategic analyses
- The assortment experience
- The price experience
- Retail location concerning the customers buying behaviour and fact-based management systems
- The retailers organisation and human resource management
- Qualification and motivation
- The retailers customer service
- Personal selling
- Store design and visual merchandising
- Financial key figures
- Inventory shrinkage analyses and actions
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.