Social media and networks have long been part of companies' value chains and a "hub" for shaping user experiences. But how should companies approach the use of technology as an arena for value creation, where social capital is strengthened by connecting social media purposes with business areas and functions? It then becomes important to understand the tactical and strategic choices that must be made to trigger gains by communicating effectively and credibly with the person you want to reach.
- Media developments, consumer trends, drivers of change
- The digital customer journey
- Strategic anchoring, organizational prerequisites
- Social channels and networks in business operations;
- internal communication, knowledge sharing and interaction
- marketing and branding
- open innovation
- Social media platforms, commonalities, distinctive features and characteristics
- Communication strategy and communication planning
- Media strategy and media planning
- Content marketing, content production and storytelling techniques
- Ethics and law
- Measurement of communication effect
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.