In this course the studentents will learn the actual process of starting and growing a new business. Knowledge and tools related to the entrepreneurial process, including leadership, market segmentation, business modelling and funding, are central to the successful development of profitable new companies. This course will provide the students with models and tools for developing start-up companies, as well as practical experience in starting a company and developing a convincing business plan. Methods related to the “Disciplined Entrepreneurship” approach will be central. Through the course, students may prepare an application to the STUD-ENT through the Norwegian Research Council, and a presentation / pitch.
An active learning form is introduced through student presentations, problem solving, discussions, practical exercises including interviews with end users, customers and key partners.
- Motivation, commitment and team
- Market segmentation and "Beachhead" market
- Product Specification and Value Proposition
- Core and Competitive Position
- Customers Decision-Making
- Process of Acquiring Paying Customers
- Business Model
- Pricing Framework
- Minimum Viable Business Product (MVBP)
- Developing a Product Plan
- Early stage funding
- Entrepreneurial leadership and coaching
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.