The implementation of an organisational strategy always faces different risks. Therefore, it is essential for financial professionals to have the skills to identify, evaluate and manage various risks that could adversely affect the implementation of the organisation’s strategy. This course provides the students with the competences required to identify, analyse, evaluate and manage risks as well as developing techniques, processes and internal control systems to manage the risks associated with both operations, cash flows and capital investment decisions. The course follows closely the syllabus of the Risk Management P3 module of the CIMA professional qualification.
Topics covered include:
- Understanding strategies and corporate objectives
- The role of risk management in a corporate governance perspective
- Understanding business, industry, etc with consequence for risk management
- The process of risk management – identification, assessment of risk
- Considering internal control and judging control risk
- Considering the risk of fraud, consequences for reporting
- Risk analysis
- Internal control
- Risk reporting
- Quality requirements of risk management - generally accepted risk standards
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.