The course focuses on an overview of the field of strategy, and strategic choices on the top level of the organization. The course will give insights into strategic frameworks and tools, and will be related to strategic options in practice through an understanding of strategic processes.
- The concept of strategy
- Vision and mission
- Value structuring and goal formulation
- Internal analysis, industrial analysis, Porter's five forces, value configuration, PESTEL
- Strategic choice
- Business and corporate strategies
- International strategy
- Evaluation of alternatives
- Implementation of strategy - strategy in action
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.